Moodle is a FOSS learning management system (LMS) that is powerful and flexible.
- Evaluate benefits & risks of Moodle for an organization, develop initial requirements & prototypes, and recommend implementation strategies to address current and future needs.
- Install & configure Moodle systems, including plugin modules, visual themes, and role-based security.
- Design & organize Moodle site for consistency & ease of use, and deploy or migrate content from other sources.
- Develop or adapt plug-in modules for specialized functionality.
- Train technical & non-technical people to use Moodle effectively.
- Maintain a Moodle server for most of my own courses, and also used by faculty and students across campus.
Questions to Consider
- Why use a LMS? What business or organizational needs do you want to address?
- How many courses, teachers, and students do you expect the site to have?
What are your security needs & concerns?
- Do you anticipate any special or unusual needs or requirements, such as extensive figures or images, or integration with other data sources or applications?
- Do you prefer a particular hosting arrangement? Why?